Oat bran is the outer layer of the oat grain and is a highly nutritious component that offers several health benefits. This bran contains beta-glucan, which lowers cholesterol, and keeps your heart healthy. Oat bran is an excellent source of dietary fiber, which can help you feel full for longer periods, reducing overall calorie intake. The soluble fiber in oat bran slows down the absorption of sugars, leading to a more gradual rise in blood sugar levels after a meal. Oat bran’s insoluble fiber adds bulk to stool, promoting regular bowel movements and preventing constipation. It can also support a healthy gut microbiome, essential for overall digestive health.
Preparation time 5 minutes – Cooking time 15 minutes ~ serves 2
1 cup (240g) oat bran
3/4 cup (60g) of Jannis Honey
4 nectarine chopped in cubes
3/4 cup (60g) raspberries
2/3 (50g) of shredded coconuts
3 cup water
• Combine the oat brain and 3 cups of boiling water in a medium saucepan.
• Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and simmer covered until thickened for 5-6 minutes.
• Stir occasionally to prevent the oat bran from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
• Remove from heat; if you prefer almond milk or any milk you choose, stir it in now.
• In another small saucepan, add the chopped nectarines, raspberries and Jannis honey; bring to a boil on medium to high heat until the nectarine has softened (4 minutes)
• Pour oat bran on 2 serving bowls, top with the fruit compote and sprinkle shredded coconuts.
For more sweetness, add Jannis honey.
Eat well, Stay healthy.
JANNIS FOOD // RECIPES – Copyright 2023